A short walk up Hanging
Green Lane and Manor Lane
brings us to the junction with the A6 road.
The road was part of the Garstang to Heron Syke
turnpike, itself part of the 18th C England to Scotland highway.
House Farm has a date stone 1681 dedicated to
Cornelius and Mary Greene. The Greene family owned much of the land and
property in Slyne during the 18th and19 centuries.